October 20, 2010
Proved Natural Gas Reserves: My Takepost today by Russian Sphinx in which she used Tableau Public to visualize proved natural gas reserves. For this post, I thought I would create my own take on her visualization.
Improvements made include:
- Making the views interactive -- You can filter each of the views or use the radio button to select a region. You can also use the highlighting feature of Tableau.
- Changing the diamonds used to represent the countries to circles and colored them by region -- To me, the circles are "softer" to the eye.
- Replaced the pie chart by region with a bar chart by region by country -- I also corrected the hierarchy in the data set.
- Changed the color pallet for the regions to Tableau's standard color pallet
- Added a note to the bottom to define "proved reserves"